Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010 - The Antique Japanese Slippers



These antique Japanese baby slippers were a gift from one of my uncles to my daughter when she was born.  They are gorgeous in person and sit atop a shelf in her room, proudly displayed.  The story of how my uncle found them is very cute.  My uncle was shopping for a wedding present for me and husband at an antique store. While he was shopping, he came across these kimono slippers for a baby girl and fell in love with them. He was very drawn to them and really wanted to buy them.  My aunt reminded him that they were shopping for a wedding present, not a baby present (as there was no baby on the way at that time!).  After some convincing, my uncle put them back and left without them.

A few months later when my mom announced to him that Josh and I were expecting a baby, he immediately went back to the same store, hoping that the slippers would still be there.  At that time, we still did not even know we were having a little girl.  But, just knowing he were having a baby gave him enough reason to buy them. He searched the store high and low and could not find them. Just as he started to accept that the slippers were gone, his wife came up to him and said, "I can't believe you found the slippers!” Very confused, my uncle said no, sadly they were gone.  His wife pointed over the the checkout counter and there were the little kimono slippers, just waiting for him.  Happily, he rushed over and bought them. He spent the next several months hoping Isabella would be a girl.

Photo stats
Exposure: 1/100
Aperture: f2.2
ISO: 400
Focal length: 50 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment